Thursday, August 28, 2008

handquilting

I'm working away on the handquilting of a lapsize quilt - I'm getting close to finishing. I'm quite excited about it - it is by far the largest project that I have handquilted.

The 3 pictures here are the other projects I have quilted by hand. The first one was for a fabric challenge with my quilting guild. The paisley fabric was the challenge fabric. I designed this little wallhanging and used it as the background fabric. Technically it is a UFO as it sits in the pile waiting for... a hanging sleeve :)














This second one is a table topper I made as a project with my guild.

This last one hangs in my kitchen. I love the scalloped borders. I want to put a scalloped border on a big quilt someday. I don't think any quilting is visable in any of these pictures - I need to experiment a bit with lighting when taking pictures for this blog.



Have a great long weekend!

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Hello your work is beautiful...
un bacio