Tuesday, March 3, 2009

what I'm working on

I haven't finished anything lately - I'm busy working away on a few projects. Here is the progress on my Corn and Beans quilt. Its lots of fun to work on - I just LOVE scrap quilts.
This next project is the applique I was busy getting ready to work on while on holidays. It is inspired by a little table topper that I saw on Anne's blog
http://cottonsnwoolens.blogspot.com
She wanted to see it - so here it is.
The centre part will be pieced. I haven't decided what yet. I just laid it out with the brown fabric to get the idea. I've almost got 3 panels appliqued now.
I really want to start a small wallhanging for spring to put up by the front door. Yesterday I went for a walk to the playground with my 2 youngest children - it was so warm and sunny and wet - it always takes a LONG time for spring to arrive in Calgary but yesterday sure was nice.
Happy Quilting!!

5 comments:

Janet said...

I love how the scrap quilt is looking, and the applique border is lovely too.

Judi said...

I love the scrap quilt, gorgeous. The applique border is incredible. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Carrie P. said...

I have always wanted to make a corn and beans quilt, one day. Love your applique.

Unknown said...

I love your projects! You are inspiring me. I signed up for a bearpaw/log cabin class. I just wish you were here to help me choose the fabrics ... :)
Kari

quiltfuchs said...

Lovely scraps and applique, I want to see the finished projects soon :-)) Happy quilting!!