Wednesday, August 12, 2009

camping


I've been real busy the last few weeks. I've had company and then we went camping. I didn't even have time to get together some stitching to take along and I always take stitching along. I haven't sewn anything in a whole week! I did make a thread catcher about a month ago that I haven't posted about yet. I knew I needed to make one when at my guild's last sew day I was throwing my thread bits and scraps in my neighbor's thread catcher when she wasn't looking. :0) I got together with a friend and she made one too. Hers is the cute red and white one on the right. I made the pink/flowery one - its not as pretty but the thread bits and scraps won't care too much. :0)
Happy Quilting!!!

7 comments:

Betsy said...

those are adorable. I need about three of them. Is there a tutorial?

Meredith said...

I have seen the patterns for them but have never made one. Yours turned out nice

Crispy said...

Those are really cute!! I've been trying to find something like that to hang off the arm of my recliner (where I sew all the time). Any links to patterns?

Crispy

Evelyn in Canada said...

I just use the garbage in my sewing room because I have a bunch of serging scraps as well. But my husband could do with one of these for cross-stitching. I hate finding all the thread stuck to my butt after sitting in him space. Good idea for a selfish Christmas present!

Carrie P. said...

Very cute. Camping is always fun.

BizarreQuilter said...

Torture! A whole week without stitching. I love the photo in your banner..

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Those thread catchers always come in handy. Yours turned out nicely!

Hope you can get to "stitching" soon!