Friday, November 20, 2009

last BOM block

I finally chose a block and got it made - here it is. I think I like the other one better :0) so I'll make up instructions for that block for my guild.
Here are all 16 blocks together. I plan to set them with a fairly simple alternate block because I want this to be a big quilt for my guest room bed. I wish it was done now - my parents are coming to visit next week so I will have to go out and buy a blanket to use in the meantime.
Thanks for the ideas about my applique block! I will get to finishing it soon.
Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Karen said...

I love the blocks you chose. Your BOM Quilt is beautiful. I love the colors. It will be great for the Christmas season. Your right about the seed pod on the applique block. I think it needs to go, and I think you need to put some of the gold or cheddar, along with red or blue. It is a very cute applique.

Lurline said...

I love it, Janet - please take your time finishing it, too beautiful to spoil in a rush!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Meredith said...

It looks good. I like the way read is in each block. Will it have a border or borders. It is turning out to be a great size. It is always nice to have extra quilts that are a good size to be slept under.

Janet said...

That's a great sampler quilt, love the colours and your block fits in beautifully.

Crispy said...

That is going to be a beautiful quilt!! Samplers are so much fun to look at and your block is great.

Crispy

Lori said...

Very nice sampler quilt! I like both blocks you chose.

Carrie P. said...

I like the first block you did too.
The rest of the blocks are lovely. I is going to make a beautiful quilt. I are going to do some sashing?

Wendy said...

Very beautiful quilt! Makes me want to make one like it!