Tuesday, September 20, 2011

more applique

With the kids back to school things are every bit as busy around here as they were in the summer. All my big plans to have more time to sew - lol.
In the evenings I have carried on with this applique block. It's based on a pattern in the Dec 2002 AP&Q. It was meant to be machine appliqued and since I'm doing it by hand some of the shapes needed to be changed a bit. I want to do something different in the center - I had it started last night but then pulled it all off - back to the drawing board for me. I am, however, happy with it to this stage.
And I've been missing making Courthouse steps blocks. They were so fun to sew. These Album blocks are a little less fun but I'm happy to see the pile of blocks growing.

I did not get the borders on the Courthouse steps - I haven't even washed the fabric we picked out yet - too much other wash to do around here :0)

Happy Quilting!!

10 comments:

Teresa Rawson said...

Man, I hear ya, sister, about the back to school busy grind...zeesh!

But I am glad you are at least getting to make a few stitches. I know, it is never enough, but it is a few more than you had done yesterday. (Maybe if I repeat this enough, I'LL believe it!)

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Teresa Rawson said...

Oops! Forgot to say how much I like the applique block and the album blocks...VERY NICE!

In stitches (but missing my brain),
Teresa :o)

Marilyn Robertson said...

The appliqué block is beautiful! The fabrics and design is great. I have a UFO sitting around here some where that is an Album Block quilt. Someday I might get around to it...maybe! Lol

Anonymous said...

Your applique is absolutely gorgeous!!! How I would love to make myself just that one block for a beautiful pillow! Love it!!!

Barb said...

I had to laugh, I'm with you, courthouse steps are fun, album blocks are not. But I do love them. Your look great.
Pretty applique' block, I like the big circle center

Carrie P. said...

Oh what a pretty block. I really like that pattern.

Lori said...

That is an awesome applique block!!
Your pieced blocks are looking great too.

MARCIE said...

That is a beautiful block you are working on. Love your color choices. And the quilt is lovely too!

Dixie Howard said...

Both of your blocks look great, Janet! Beautiful applique block, and I have always favored that particular album block. So classy!

Janet said...

The applique block looks lovely as do the pieced blocks although I've never made either kind. It was good to catch up on your projects.