Thursday, November 10, 2011

a new project

I have started a few new projects lately - yikes! Here is one of them. DD#1 knows that DD#2 getting a new quilt before she does is incorrect in the order of fairness. Not that I've finished the courthouse steps quilt yet :0) Anyway to keep everyone happy I have started a new quilt for DD#1.
She has chosen the color scheme and the pattern is from the May/June Quiltmaker magazine. So far it is all from my stash. I see that I might want to work in a little more variety of cheddar/golds and maybe some brighter yellows. I calculate that I will need 46 blocks so I'll be at this one for awhile! It's not my usual type of block. I don't like stitch and flip because of the waste. In this case I am stitching the cut off part into hst's and stuffing them in a ziplock bag. A blue and gold quilt with lots of tiny hst's is likely in my future :0)

Happy Quilting!!

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

Very pretty blocks. I think they'll make a beautiful quilt for DD #1.

Karen said...

I like the color combo used for the blocks.

*karendianne. said...

Wow! Janet, this is extremely cool! DD has great taste. Butternut and Blue. Yummy. :) Happy way to start the day. Thanks! *karendianne.

Heather said...

I agree about the waste of stitch and flip, but I have over 300 little half square triangles that I am about to use as the border for a current quilt so its all good!

Lori said...

This will be a fun quilt. I love blue and cheddar together!!

Browndirtcottage said...

Oh yes!!! This going to be a super great quilt!!!

Elsie Montgomery said...

Nice, Janet. I agree on the HST... they could go in the border. Fussy, but could be amazing.

Emma said...

That's got to be the best reason yet I've heard for adding to the UFO list instead of subtracting. What's your excuse for those other projects??? :)

Barb said...

great color combo.
Lucky DDs!!

Carrie P. said...

Cool pattern. It took me a minute to see the star in the middle.

Dixie Howard said...

Very pretty design - you have lucky little kiddos! Looking forward to seeing this one all put together.