Sunday, April 1, 2012

holiday panel 2

We are back from sunny, hot Florida. We had a lovely holiday. I found the Trailing vines project just perfect for travelling. Vine #2 is complete and I am excited to trim and sew it to the 1st piece of sashing and vine panel #1.
I was in a bit of a hurry when I prepped the last 90 leaves to bring and was dismayed to find this leaf with not enough seam allowance.
Oh well - I just left room and kept going :0) It was easily fixed when I got home.
We enjoyed Disney World. We found a booth there selling funnel cakes. A couple people had posted about Funnel cakes last summer and so I was very curious to try them. Delicious!! Good thing they don't make them here!
So were are back to regular life at home. I am itching to start something new and will likely cave soon - maybe even today :0)
Happy Quilting!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is a lot of leaves! I bet this project will be gorgeous!

Janet said...

Your panel looks magnificent. I can't wait to see it with sashing attached.
I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip away, the funnell cake looks dangerous.

Lori said...

Wow! I think that would be a great take along project!! It is looking fantastic!!

Carrie P. said...

Your leaves are so beautiful. great project for a trip.
Oh, boy the funnel cake looks like a lot for one little girl. Hopefully she shared with the whole family. lol

Cheri said...

The vine quilt is looking wonderful. Funnel cakes...YUM

Cheri said...

The vine quilt is looking wonderful. Funnel cakes...YUM

Miriam said...

Wonderful progress on your Trailing Vines, Janet! Can't wait to see the 2 panels together. :)

Glad you had a great holiday.

Barb said...

how did this sneak past me?
I love the photo of your adorable daughter with her funnel cake - they are delicious!!
Your vine looks wonderful -
glad you're home

JohnR said...

That looks like a really tasty dessert!

apologies for leaving a non-quilting comment on
a quilting-specific blog..

;)

Dorothy said...

Longing to see what sashing you are using on your Trailing Vines.