Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! It is such a beautiful day here today!! My daughters got up early and made me such a lovely breakfast-in-bed this morning - freshly baked muffins even - YUM!

These placemats I made for my Mom for Mother's day. A few weeks back I was wanting to start a new project. This was just the perfect thing to get that out of my system :0) My very talented friend Darlene showed us at our guild night how to make these fast fused, raw edge applique , free motion quilted placemats.
A complete departure from all the needle turn applique and handquilting I've been doing lately. The applique is fused on and then you free motion quilt around the shapes with black thread. It was so fun I had to make 2.
My Mom is from Holland and she just loves tulips. I hope these will brighten her table today since I can't be there to make her breakfast-in-bed.
Happy Quilting!!

4 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Oh, how sweet of the girls! Happy MOther's day. Love the placemats.

Miriam said...

Happy Mother's Day Janet.

Great placemats.

Lori said...

Those are very lovely! I'm sure she'll love them!!
Happy Mother's Day!

Barb said...

LOVE your tulip placemats I'll bet she will to - very cheerful and happy.