Friday, July 13, 2012

star block #2

Just a quick post with my second star for Temecula's Quilt Co's Summer star sew along. http://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.ca/ Summer is BUSY! But I took half an hour out of my day for me - to make this little star :0)

I looked around quickly for a prop - something old - and I spied my favorite teddy. My Aunt made him for me when I was 2 - I think that qualifies as old - lol. Named after a curious monkey whose books I loved - his name is George. When I was small I especially liked this bear because his arms and legs move and he could wear my doll's clothes.
I hope you're finding time to sew :0)
Happy Quilting!!

3 comments:

Barb said...

It's hard to find time to sew in the summer isn't it?
I love your block and your teddy is so cute!! I can't believe your aunt made it, it's wonderful.
Poor george dressed in dollie clothes :)

Cheri said...

I saw this little star block on the Temecula website also, very cute. Good photo composition again...and I am NOT an expert, but the teddy is cute, makes for an interesting photo :)

Carrie P. said...

sweet! I got mine #2 block finished today. I hope to do a post tomorrow. I am doing mine in Christmas fabrics.