I finished my fall leaf quilt top. The seam ripper and I spent some time together getting these blocks the way I wanted them. (I hate it when I make the same mistake twice :0)
I chose the last arrangement from my previous post to set the blocks. I couldn't wait to put the borders on. I've been saving this black background floral for a long time waiting for just the right project. I just love it!
It's called Winterthur Toile. I wish I had enough for backing too! I won't get to machine quilting this right away but hopefully before fall.
I've been working on these leaf blocks on and off. I love these colors any time of year but I have a plan to display this in a specific spot come fall. My plan was to set them like this first picture but I couldn't resist playing around with the blocks :0)
I thought I'd show you some of my options.
I think I have a new favorite picked out.
Which one do you like best?
I have a new spring project I want to start on - thought I'd finish this one up first. If I did this more often I'd have less ufo's. However, a person needs to have a few (several) current projects on the go right??
I did get my zigzag blocks put together and now I am deciding on wide border/ narrow border/ no border. Right now it pretty much looks the same as in the last post only wider.
I have had so much fun making these log cabin variation blocks from Lori's quiltalong. I had quite the pile growing so it was time to start putting them together so I could decide how big to make this quilt.
I think a generous throw size is what I am aiming for. Big enough to be cozy for a nice nap on the couch. (not that that happens very often :0) I have 15 rows of 8 blocks sewn together. I want to make it 3 blocks wider yet but I thought I would show you my progress.
I only have 9 more blocks to make. I hope to get them together and attached with the others this weekend. My guild is having a sew day and I hope to go for at least a few hours of it. I have lots of the red polka dot fabric left to make a border.