Saturday, May 4, 2013

no border yet...

Thanks for your comments to help me choose a border.  I appreciate your ideas about the choices.  I thought I had decided...  Maybe next week I'll get back to it  :0)

I did get a bit sidetracked. Tim Latimer posted a collection of fabulous antique blocks that he is assembling.  The block name is Solomon's Temple.
 
I just loved his blocks and had to make one.  What fun!  Pieced together they form a great secondary design.  I don't know how many I will make but there will definitely be more!!  
 
Happy Quilting!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!....It looks just like the antiques!! Beautiful job!!

Barb said...

What a great block design. I love the color choices. I was just admiring an antique quilt with similar colors. Love that pink with black and blue.

Nancy E said...

Wonderful block and fabric selection! Will you make all the blocks the same color?

Lori said...

Love that blocks and the colors you chose to use!!!

Crispy said...

Very pretty Janet. I may have to go check this out....for when my mojo comes back LOL.

Crispy

Carrie P. said...

lots of 1/2 square triangles which make a very neat block.

Jan said...

Great block - I love it!

Maureen said...

Love the block and your choice of fabrics. That garnet red is hard to find.

Dixie Howard said...

Your block looks wonderful! Always love Tim's posts - he is so inspiring, and gets so much done!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I love the combo of red white and blue...stunning!

Teresa Rawson said...

OMG, I love this block...and the colorway is exactly what I would have chosen (get out of my head!). Yum, yum, yum!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)