Monday, March 31, 2014

a very little progress

I don't have much progress to show for myself this week.  I'm usually pretty strict with myself about appliqueing one evening and hand quilting the next but lately I've been pulling out the handquilting more often and my poor vine panel #10 isn't growing very fast. In a month I have only done one branch.  
 I can't lose my momentum on this project now!  I hope I get back to loving it again soon!!

I made 2 more 6" blocks as well.  I have plans for lots more...scribbled on bits of paper floating around on my sewing table -  I think I'll be making a few more than 16 blocks  :0)

Happy Stitching!!

8 comments:

Every Stitch said...

Nothing wrong with mixing your vines in with other projects - and one branch a month is not so bad!It is so beautiful:)

Dorothy said...

I cut out all the leaves for one branch at a time,Roxanne 'd them in place and 5mins here and there stitch a leaf or two. You'll soon have another vine finished.

Cheri said...

Your striped leaves are so pretty. Row 10 WOW you are doing so well on this amazing quilt. Just look at the previous rows and that momentum will come back.

Dawn said...

Your trailing vine is beautiful! I love that quilt.
I think you have it right, to rotate between projects is good for the hands too :-)
Sweet little,pieced blocks!
You have been busy!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Those are such gorgeous little blocks! I can't wait to see what you're going to do with them (or did I miss that post - I'm fairly new to your blog).

Kyle said...

Your vine is beautiful. It will grow. It's probably good to rotate your time with different types of projects. It keeps the mind fresh and the fingers nimble.

Barb said...

we all loose a little momentum from time to time. You know how much I love this project of yours, you'll get back at it. This branch looks lovely as they all have.
your new 6 inch blocks are great. Such nice color combinations!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Those two blocks in the last picture are wonderful!!