Sunday, June 29, 2014

embroidery - done!

A few weeks ago we went for our annual camping trip to Shunda lake.  The tree stump from my header picture was still there - my favorite place to stitch by the lake.  Again this year I was working on my Susan McCord vine quilt. It's been a few years in the making - 3 more panels to go - will I yet be working on it next spring?  
 I'm still working on panel #10.  It's been going slow...

 
When I get panel 10 finished I will take a break from vines  and work on - Yahoo!!  The borders for my Bird of Paradise quilt. 
 I finally finished the embroidery!  I am so pleased.  My friend encouraged me through it.  In the end the faces were easy and stitched in one evening. I kept them simple and happy.
Now I can trim the blocks and start on the borders.  I think they will be fun to work on. 
And yes, there are more 6 inch blocks  :0)

Happy Quilting!!

10 comments:

Lynette said...

So much hand-work goodness!!!!

Jan said...

So much progress on so many fronts! ;-) And better yet, everything looks wonderful!

Kyle said...

Your commitment to the McCord quilt is awesome. It's going to be stunning. You've used so many neat fabrics in the Bird of Paradise and your appliqué is so precise. The faces are sweet. Glad you kept going.

Carla said...

Shunda Lake (also known as Fish Lake) near Nordegg? My husband worked at Frontier Lodge from about 2009 until 2012. We are often in that area :)

audrey said...

Your Susan McCord panels are wonderful! It will totally be worth all the time spent once it's done.:)

Barb said...

It's fun to see your header prop with your vines project. You know how much i love this project of yours - you are really getting closer.
Your BoP embroidery looks lovey - the faces are perfect.
great new batch of 6" blocks.
Wow you have a lot handwork done!

Karen said...

Fun post, love those 6" blocks. Keep going on your vines, they are beautiful.

Cheri said...

Everything looks so pretty. Susan McCord is going to be such an accomplishment.

Dawn said...

Your vine panel is beautiful, what a pretty place to stitch. You will be done eventually, and it worth savoring the time spent hand stitching.
Love the faces - adorable.
Who can resist those 6" blocks!

Anonymous said...

Every time I see your vine quilt I want to start one! I downloaded the pattern a couple of years ago. Very tempting!
Kerry