Wednesday, March 4, 2015

progress is progress


I am still working away on the handquilting for my Crowfoot quilt.  I started quilting it in September of 2013.  I was so sure it would be finished by this past Christmas and now I'm wondering if it will be completed by late May in time for the outdoor quilt show.  Oh well, it'll be done when its done!  Last night I started on the 4th and final border.  I decided it was time for my initials and the year.  
 Can you make them out?  " JO  2015 "  I was almost going to quilt them in blue thread so they didn't standout too much and detract from the feathers - lol!  I can hardly see them in white thread so I'm glad I went with white.  While I was drawing the numbers and letters I got out my other quilts with stitched dates and initials.  My daughter walked in to see what I was doing and remarked she had no idea that there were dates stitched into these quilts a couple of which we use all the time in the livingroom  :0)  
I also got the surround pieces on one more of my Circle game blocks.  This was the slightly too big block.  I don't mind that the points got cut off a bit - at least I tried to cut them all off more or less evenly :0)  I am still debating about the circle that's slightly too small...

Happy Quilting!!

6 comments:

Kyle said...

Those Circle Game blocks are really challenging. It's a sign of a good quilter when you can make things work out. Keep quilting. It sounds like your almost there. Having that show just around the corner might be good incentive.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I can see it, looks wonderful! A great idea to quilt them into the quilt!

Maureen said...

Hand quilting takes so much time but it is worth it. Your stitches are beautiful and I love that you quilted in your initials and the year. I'll have to remember to do that.
I'm a fudger, too. If at all possible I'd try to use the too small block rather than make a new one. The circle quilt is awesome!

Lori said...

I love that you've added the date and your name in the quilting! It looks fantastic too. Great in the lighter colored thread.

Barb said...

Your initials look so great Janet!!
Your circle block looks good, it's hard to see that the circle is small. I'm sure it will be fine with batting and quilting. Great piecing

Taryn said...

I love quilted initials and dates. If I ever get one of my big projects to the quilting stage I'm adding mine.