Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Circle game complete

It took a few weeks longer than I thought but I finally got the borders onto my Circle Game top.  It's finished - hurrah!! 
The pattern by Jen Kingwell has 16 blocks and an appliqued border.  I chose to make 4 extra blocks and use this beautiful large print as my main border.  I was thrilled to find the border fabric - the fabric line is years old but I bought all 3 metres that they had left - found on sale at the quiltshop in Canmore.  I was SO happy to find it.  The zinger border just had to be red and I was pleased to find it at the quiltshop in Lethbridge.  Minick and Simpson fabric can be hard to find where I live.
 I had trouble taking pictures - its a pretty large quilt. I will probably not quilt this right away.  I'm really not sure how to start. Ideally I would handquilt it but it could be years before I get to it.  I will have to think on it. 
 It would be nice to see it hanging in the outdoor quiltshow next spring...

And I can't resist posting a picture of my beautiful DD#2.  She had her Grade 9 farewell last week.  She'll be off to high school next year - wow!
Happy Quilting!!

10 comments:

Maker Joy said...

Yeah! It turned out wonderfully.

Dawn said...

They grow up so fast!
Your fabrics and work all came together so beautifully.

Jan said...

Your quilt looks great, Janet! The border fabric couldn't be a more perfect choice.
Your daughter is lovely ~ what a special time!

Every Stitch said...

It's been a privilege watching this one grow Janet - congratulations!! Hard to photograph a large quilt but I love the first pic in dappled sun on the lawn.
What a pretty girl and such a lovely age :)

Teresa Rawson said...

Congrats on the great finish...I just love your version of that quilt! And your daughter is so beautiful!

Nana said...

This quilt is very fascinating and you did a magnificent job. Colors are beautiful and the border is perfect. Great Job!

Beautiful young lady!

Kyle said...

Wow! That a fabulous finish. Each of those circles is so unique and I remember you designed those extra blocks yourself. The border fabric is a perfect addition and really compliments the colors of the blocks. It would be an awesome quilt to have ready for next years show, You might just have to squeeze it into the lineup. Your daughter is beautiful and is probably super excited about heading off to high school. Treasure all of these moments.

Cheri said...

Beautiful finish!

Barb said...

Congrats on your big finish! Looks great.
Beautiful photo of your daughter - good luck in high school!

Puppilalla said...

Wonderful. Congratulations to the finish.