Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Radical Rose and Reel block #2


I'm excited to have finished the second block of my Radical Rose and Reel quilt.  I added a couple new greens to the ones used in the first block. Keeping this a scrappy project makes it more fun for me to sew  :0)  
 Here are the first 2 blocks together. I'm looking forward to having 4 blocks completed so I can see how the shapes interact at the corners. 
 I've already started block #3   The pattern is Radical Rose and Reel from Collector with a Needle

Design floor space has been made available so I've been able to get some more work done on this Kim Diehl quilt.  These are the first 2 borders.  2 more rounds to go.  I just love that French General red :0)  Glad this will soon be a finished top.
Happy Quilting!!

14 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Dawn's patterns are the best and yours blocks are simply beautiful!

Radka said...

Beautiful blocks :-)
xx

Barb said...

Beautiful Applique Janet!

Kyle said...

Your blocks are beautiful and you applique so precise. You have a wonderful collection of appropriate fabrics to use. The scrappy look perfect. Thank goodness for a design floor. The colors are bright and clear.

helen said...

Beautiful appliqué! I love the scrappy style!
Best wishes!

Susan said...

Your applique is lovely. Scraps bring those leaves to life.

Judith said...

collector with a needle, will have to look at her patterns. Just love what you have done. I am also a big fan of French General Fabrics. Enjoy your day!

Cheri said...

My heart, love red and green applique. Beautiful blocks. I like French General reds also, another pretty quilt.

Dawn said...

Wonderful progress! I love you scrappy look Radical Rose. The two together look fantastic. Looking forward to seeing those secondary patterns evolve as multiple blocks go together. Thanks for sharing!

Monica said...

What an utterly gorgeous design, and you are doing a beautiful job with it. I love that scrappy approach in the fabrics, it will really keep people engrossed in the quilt. Great job so far!

Lori said...

What gorgeous applique! The red is perfect for the KD quilt!!

Summer said...

The blocks are looking so pretty ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Chookyblue...... said...

radical rose is looking amazing........goodluck..........

Pat said...

What stunning blocks!! Your applique and fabric choices are gorgeous.