Tuesday, February 21, 2017

4 blocks appliqued

Life sure doesn't slow down around here.  I always think there will be more time "next week" to sew and maybe post on my blog.  Oh well - squeezed in between making supper to put in the crockpot and driving kids places there's time today  :0)
 On Sunday I finished appliqueing the fourth block for my Radical Rose and Reel quilt.  (Pattern from Collector with a Needle)

http://collectorwithaneedle.blogspot.ca/
 I wanted to lay out all 4 to get a picture and get a better idea how they would look together but toys are occupying my design floor space...  I found this other spot but the lighting is poor.  Those toys...  I know one day they won't be a problem anymore so in the meantime I gotta love those toys and the kids still playing with them. 
I've also been working on this long forgotten project.  I think I'd been calling it Summertime.  I had all the blocks made over a year ago.  Recently I pieced the half blocks and started cutting sashing.  I wanted the zigzag effect but liked the blocks closer together than setting with triangles so I'm attempting rectangular sashing pieces and I'm hoping to put them together using partial seams but may have to result to set in seams - I'll keep you posted  :0)

Happy Quilting!!

7 comments:

Karen said...

Gorgeous Radical Rose blocks.

Kyle said...

Your work is always a delight and glorious all rolled together. Your Radical Rose and Reel is ads outlet breathtaking. With 5 more blocks it will be glorious beyond words. (Can you tell I absolutely love it!). The colors have used for Summertime does convey the season perfectly. The zigzag setting is a great choice. Two different styles, lovely sewn.

Every Stitch said...

Two very different projects but so lovely! The RRR is going to be stunning with all those blocks - love the colours!

Elaine said...

Two gorgeous quilts! I really love the red/green fabrics you have picked

Barb said...

Your radical rose is stunning! what a beautiful pattern and your stitching is perfection. I loved seeing it on IG
Embrace the toys! I wish I had a toy playing child in my house. I'm setting my sights on a grandchild one day.
Your Summertime blocks are coming together. That is slow stitching with lots of pins I presume.

Dawn said...

Oh yes, quilt blocks must play well with toys! Enjoy every minute.
Your Radical Rose blocks are beautiful, so fun to see four together.
Summertime is wonderful with a zig zag setting.
You do wonderful work.
Thank you for sharing!

Lori said...

I'm always a big fan of the zig zag setting!! I love it!
Your reels applique is amazing!!